Anyway, here's a recap of the summer-of-2011-life of one Bryan F. Kilpatrick:
- I attended college during the summer semester (early-May through early-August), and did a pretty bang-up job in both of my classes; I registered my third consecutive 4.0. School is easy; finding the time to attend during the busy season at work is not.
- I've been playing a dickload of softball - for three teams, in fact. However, it still is nothing like baseball (at least the hitting portion of it), so I still suck. I thought I was getting better last fall, as I was hitting the bejesus out of the ball for a good two months or so, but not swinging a bat even once during the winter months really put the fuck on my ability to hit the ball, as a regressed to the mean during the spring season. Hopefully, I get my stroke back and if so, I'm promising myself I won't lose it again during the offseason.
- Nikki and I are trying to have a kid. For those of you who know me well, that's nothing new. However, we're getting balls-deep (ya know, literally and otherwise) into it these days, as visits to the fertility doctor will become the norm.
- Work is work; gotta keep those athletes out there using Easton products happy.
- I've been visibly pissed off since like mid-April, as the Rockies have chosen to tank yet another season despite having the best talent in the National League's Western division. I do still, however, enjoy writing about them (and about baseball in general), so at least there's that. Plus, I had the wonderful opportunity to interview hall of fame baseball player Tony Gwynn, and that was flat-out bitchin'.
- Utah football is coming up soon, and I'm hekka-pumped about that. If Jordan Wynn stays healthy, they're going to have a nice little debut season (anywhere from 8 to 10 wins) in the Pac-12. If he doesn't, well, this guy is their backup QB, and he threw more interceptions than touchdowns last year in junior college, so I think you can probably guess how the season will go (4-6 wins) if he sees anything more than mop-up duty. On the other hand, he looks pretty smug, so I guess we'll see.
- I'm probably going to sing in a band soon. Be ready, folks; Child Abuse is going to take over the world (or, at least parts of Salt Lake City).
- I went to Seattle for the second time in as many years, and also took an impromptu trip to Lake Tahoe. It was my first time there, and I must say that the place is just as good as advertised. Clean, cold, crystal-clear lakes FTW. And, perhaps the best part of all is that my family and I did not get raped by Ben Roethlisberger. I'll put a 'W' in my column for that.
- As a result of the trips (and various other escapades), I'm kind of poor right now. However, I'm still enjoying life, so I'm not too worried about it.
- I love my dogs (both my friends and my actual dogs).
Until then, there's the door. Over there. ----->