Wednesday, January 20, 2010

80's Billy Joel Doo-wop Sucks!

So, we're having a party/BBQ-type deal at work tomorrow, and my boss asked Mayra (one of my co-workers) and I to create a music playlist. The reason for that is because apparently we were the only ones that complained about the music selection for the last work function (which, I shit you not, consisted ENTIRELY of sad mexican songs). In case you're saying to yourself, "oh fuck that Bryan's just a big racist pile of shit," Mayra herself is latina and still thought the tunes were obnoxious.

So, here is our version of an Easton Party Playlist (which does include some Spanish songs, in case you still think I'm a bigot). My selections have an asterisk next to them; the rest are Mayra's or other people's (like Jacques, who thankfully suggested Katy Perry and MGMT):

Crime in Stereo - Animal Pharm*
Bear vs. Shark - Buses/No Buses
Britney Spears - 3
The Movielife - Walking on Glass
Foo Fighters - Everlong
El Desprecio - Aventura
Elvis Crespo - Pintame
Michael Jackson - You Rock My World
La Quinta Estacion - El Sol No Regresa
Santana - Oye Como Va
Celia Cruz - Azucar Negra
Kenny Chesney - Young
Jimmy Eat World - Pain*
Kanye West - RoboCop*
Kid Cudi - Day n Nite*
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get*
Muse - Uprising
Open Hand - Tough Girl*
Poison The Well - Riverside*
Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground
Tegan and Sara - Walking With a Ghost*
Drake (ft. Lil Wayne, Kanye West, and Eminem) - Forever*
DJ Felli Fel (ft. Ludacris, Diddy, Lil Jon, and Akon) - Get Buck in Here*
Maino (ft. T-Pain) - All the Above*
Katy Perry - Hot n Cold
MGMT - Kids

Sure, some of these songs are fucking terrible (who the hell suggested Bear vs. Shark?), but I bet girls are going to be getting their grind on left and right to this mix. Either that, or I'll get fired because it sucks so bad. We'll see...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment